Monday, May 7, 2012

Does This Look Like a Bump to You?

Well, here we are, week fourteen and the first week of my second trimester!

My, oh my how quickly time passes! It feels like just yesterday that I was checking that first pregnancy test! I can honestly say that the passed three months have been some of the best and worst times of my life. Sure the morning sickness, insane mood swings, moving to a new home, dealing with the Marine Corps., and intense feelings of dread were some of my worst times, but seeing that little baby moving around on the ultrasound screen has outweighed all of that. I feel that the best is still yet to come and I am looking forward to it every step of the way.

Our baby is about the size of a lemon and can now squint, frown, grimace, and possibly suck his or her thumb! 

I had another doctor's appointment today and we were able to hear baby's heartbeat again! This time it was at 158; which according to the heartbeat gender prediction myth, we are within girl range. I can't say that I am hoping more for a girl than a boy because I am hoping for nothing but a happy and healthy baby. Brian on the other hand, is convinced it is a boy and his theory is that for every pregnancy myth there is another myth that is the exact opposite, so therefore making only one of the myths right. 
???
Either way, our baby is healthy and I am healthy and that is all that I care about. My blood pressure was great and I have gained five pounds in the last three months; which is only one pound more than my expected weight gain. So I am hoping to not give in to all of my cravings so quickly without first thinking of a healthier alternative from this point on.  
Our next appointment is in four weeks, on June 7th, and we will be finding out if we are having a girl or boy! We are both incredibly excited because as soon as we know what we are having, we can decide on the theme for the nursery and start searching for name possibilities. I have a few picked out already, but nothing is final until after we know what this little one is going to be. 
We have decided on keeping baby's name a secret until they are welcomed into this world. ;) 

How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 pounds.
Maternity clothes?  Starting to wear some maternity pants.
Stretch marks? Unfortunately all of my old stretch marks that faded away when I lost a lot of weight after high school have appeared again.
Sleep: Staying up later now a days, but up before 10 am with hardly any naps throughout the day (one at most!).
Best moment of this week? Hearing baby's heartbeat. 
Miss anything? Definitely miss being able to have a glass of wine with dinner or go out for Margaritas. 
Movement: None that I can feel.
Food cravings? Tomatoes sprinkled with a little bit of salt, Watermelon, and bread sticks dipped in cheese.
Anything making you queasy or sick? The thought of opening up a can of Tuna. 
Gender: To be determined.
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Heartburn/Indigestion, constipation, and gas. OH MY!
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!
Looking forward to: Next doctor's appointment when we will get to learn the sex of the baby!




p.s isn't he just darling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment