Friday, July 20, 2012

Twenty-Four Weeks.


Week 24 has just about come to an end and currently our baby girl is about the size of a Cantaloupe! 
Every week she is getting closer and closer to being ready to survive in the outside world; I couldn't imagine having her here so soon, but there is always that possibility! From this week and on, labor is something that could happen. Of course, we are going to try to convince her to stay in the "oven" so she can bake a little longer. ;)

This week has been another one that has flown right on by; I swear I don't even recall half of it! I have spent the majority of it working on the nursery wall decorations and stalking cloth diaper forums. I am already addicted to cloth diapers and can't wait for the first week of August when we can add another diaper to our stash; Brian and I have decided that every paycheck (every two weeks) we are allowed to get something cloth diaper related. This way, by the time our due date rolls around we will have a nice stash started for her first six months of life. 

I am also beginning to get anxious as my next doctor's appointment rolls around because it will be a "big" one for me. I will be having my thyroid levels checked, my second glucose tolerance test, and an ultrasound to determine if my placenta has moved and if I can be taken off of "pelvic" restriction. Of course I can't wait to see this little one of mine as well! 

I am also getting excited for our trip home in three weeks (exactly!). I am looking forward to seeing friends and family and for Brian to have a break from the crazy schedule only known to a Marine stationed at Kings Bay. It will be so nice to feel some familiarity as well. 

More pregnancy milestones were experienced this week as well! I have experienced what it feels like to be kicked in the cervix! Of course, this isn't what I would call exciting due to the fact that it is incredibly uncomfortable and makes falling asleep even more difficult than usual. I am hoping that my munchkin flips herself around and avoids that particular area for a little while...I would trade having my cervix beaten to a pulp for a lovely rib jab any day! I suppose on the bright side, she is MOVING! Oh boy is she moving...I swear it feels like there are two of her! 

Heartburn has still been intense...even more intense than ever! It is to the point where not even the medication the doctor prescribed me is helping. Sure, it takes the edge off but it is still there. :( I was told to try Papaya enzymes, so I am going to talk to the doctor about that and see what she says. Right now I am willing to try anything to put an end to it. 

In the mean time I am just taking it easy; watching Netflix, working on those nursery items, waiting, relaxing, etc. Every thing a stay at home preggo should be doing I suppose. I am not going to lie though, I do wish I had a part time job to occupy more of my time. Brian says that I should just enjoy pre-mommy hood while I can and he is totally right. :) I am thankful that I have the time to gradually prepare for everything I need to before baby girl arrives. 

I couldn't ask for more...

...although, a milkshake would be nice. ;)



How far along? 24 weeks and 5 days.  
Total weight gain: Still unsure (other than the 5 pounds they told me about in May). 
Maternity clothes?  Yes. 
Stretch marks? Yes. 
Sleep: Depends on how much munchkin is moving around.  
Best moment of this week? Brian surprising me when coming home late Wednesday night! 
Miss anything? Mostly cooler weather. 
Movement: A few kicks there, a few punches here, and a jab right over THERE. 
Food cravings? Milkshakes.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? Heartburn has gotten pretty bad a few times to the point of almost getting sick. 
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Belly button aches, tingling fingers, slowed digestion. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? Original bands off, but wearing a temporary replacement. 
Mood? Pretty 50/50 right now.   
Looking forward to: GOING HOME!! Adding to our cloth diaper stash and my next doctor's appointment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment