Friday, March 15, 2013

Avalyn's First Trip to the Aquarium


Avalyn got to experience her first aquarium visit at the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores! I was so excited to finally be able to take her! Over our Christmas leave I really wanted to stop in Atlanta and take her to the aquarium, but we were short on time due to certain circumstances and to be quite frank, I don't think she was ready.


Our little nugget stayed awake and alert the entire time we were there! In fact, she was so fascinated by the fish that she just stared at them in awe. She loved watching the fish move and swim around and she did not know what to think when we would put her close the the glass. I wish I could have known what she was thinking as she stared at these magnificent creatures that were more than three times her size.


The best part about the entire day was watching her and Brian together; he does not get to spend nearly as much time with her since our arrival here at Camp Lejeune. I think that they both enjoyed the time together...I sure did!


After the aquarium we stopped at the beach and walked a little bit just so I could get my dose of the Atlantic. I am beyond in love with the ocean and I think that Ava may enjoy it as much as I do. She seems to like watching the waves roll in and watching the birds and appears to be curious about the sound of the water. 


The beach and the water are so much different than what we are used to down in Florida! The water was more of a blue-green and the sand was so much darker and softer. It amazes me how different every beach is despite them all sharing the same ocean. 
I can't wait until the days get warmer so we can actually physically introduce the ocean to Ava and her little curious mind. I think she will enjoy the different textures and things one gets to experience from sitting on the beach. Soon!! 
And with that I leave you all with a couple of videos from our little family day...



Enjoying our time on the beach.


Playing with her jelly fish friend from the aquarium.











No comments:

Post a Comment