Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thirteen Weeks w/ Baby #2


I have made it to my thirteenth week!
As usual, I am amazed with how quickly time is flying by. Brian has been gone on deployment for almost a month and I couldn't be happier that we have almost reached our first month. I have had good days and bad days, but for the most part, this deployment has not been as awful as I had anticipated. Of course, it completely sucks being left behind and Brian missing out on Ava's milestones and this pregnancy, but I can feel our relationship growing stronger and stronger with every passing day. I am extremely thankful that we are able to communicate almost daily (Facebook messages, email, and Skype) and it makes him being gone that much easier. 
I had my two week cervical check today and although the doctors gave me a little scare, all went well. Apparently the sonogram machine that was being used was not working properly and the doctor was afraid she was seeing cysts on my ovaries. So a second doctor was called in and even she thought she was seeing something strange too. I was taken into another exam room so another sonogram machine could be used and well, it turns out there was absolutely nothing wrong with me and that the first machine was causing weird shadows to show up on the screen. My cervix is still looking great, my placenta is sitting a little low (so that will be monitored), my blood pressure is great, and baby is looking great! Baby has doubled in size since the last time I saw him/her! It really shocked me, although I'm not sure why since I know how quickly these nuggets grow. I also saw baby's heart beating, although not sure what the heart rate was this time since that wasn't our main focus.
I am scheduled to have an anatomy scan at the end of April and to continue my cervical checks every two weeks. 
So in the mean time, I will continue to take it easy while I keep busy. I am currently in school full time, working towards my BA in Health Promotions, in the process of becoming a volunteer through Brian's battalion, staying active in his battalion's social group, and keeping up with most of the activities going on in town for Ava and I. (We love attending the events at our local library!). 
I also plan to keep checking on baby every now and then between doctor's visits using our fetal doppler. Brian and I purchased one so he would be able to hear baby while he was deployed. I was able to find baby's heart beat yesterday, although it did take awhile because this little one is still nestled deep in there. Heart rate was between 140 and 150. 

14 weeks pregnant with Avalyn.
12 weeks pregnant with Baby #2.

And as you could probably tell, I am slowly starting to show. I am showing at least two weeks sooner than I was with Avalyn. Crazy how quickly you show the second time around! 


How far along? 13 weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain: 11 pounds.
Maternity clothes?  Mostly leggings...
Stretch marks? Yes. 
Sleep: Still tossing and turning.
Best moment of this week? Being able to find baby's heart beat with our fetal doppler and then getting a FB message from Brian saying that he was able to see/hear it too on the video I posted.
Miss anything? Missing Brian (every day!) my jeans that no longer fit. :(
Movement: A little flutter every once in awhile.  
Food cravings? Dr. Pepper and still craving those dang french fries.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? Prenatals are making me more nauseous than they usually have. 
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Still have an itchy belly button, nausea is very minimal, food cravings, and a little bit of dizziness/headaches when I stand up too quickly. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing them.
Happy or moody most of the time? Very content. 
Looking forward to: My Skype date with Brian, watching Ghost Adventures on Saturday night and finishing Brian's Easter care package. 

No comments:

Post a Comment