Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Felda Makes an Appearance!


Brian and I finally got the opportunity to see our little munchkin today while at my second Ob/Gyn appointment. I still can't believe that my body is housing this person and that together, Brian and I created this little one's existence. 

Today I am ten weeks and my baby has completed the most critical portion of their development and is about the size of a Kumquat! Baby is now swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm and let me tell you, my little nugget was putting on a show! I was not expecting to see them moving and when the doctor stopped moving around for a second, my baby started what looked like a little flailing jig. My heart melted at the sight! 


The rest of the appointment went well; I met my doctor and together we went over all of my blood work and I had a few other tests done. The glucose test was not nearly as bad as I had expected! Sure, the liquid sugar concoction wasn't the best tasting thing I have ever had (sort of tasted like orange kool-aid with extra sugar mixed with flat orange soda), but it didn't really bother me. At first it made my stomach hurt a little bit, but after about five minutes I was fine. I'm hoping that there are no negative results, but I am fully prepared to accept having Gestational Diabetes. I know that it puts me at higher risk, but with it being in my immediate family, I would be shocked if I didn't have it. Now, don't think that I'm implying that I am wanting to have it, I'm just trying to say that it won't be the end of the world. :)
Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to actually hear the baby's heartbeat, but we were able to see it on the ultrasound; it looked like a little flickering light on the screen. 


The doctor changed my due date to November 5th and the ultrasound machine had changed it to October 31st; so basically I am due any time between Halloween and the Marine Corps. Birthday Ball (I'm hoping for a Halloween baby!)
We have another appointment on April 30th for my first trimester screening down in Jacksonville and I am really hoping to see baby again and hear their heartbeat; keeping my fingers crossed! 

***

Now I'm sure you are all wondering how my pregnancy is going, right? 
Well, my last craving was at the end of week nine and it was for Bubblegum and Orange soda. I made the mistake of buying a two liter bottle of Orange soda and downing as much as I could. Needless to say, I paid for it later (baby did not enjoy being drown in all of that liquid sugar and caffeine) and was miserable for about two days with an upset stomach. So, no more orange soda (or any soda in general) for this momma. 
Any sort of animal smell, like the way the dog smells when he comes inside after being outside or his potty accident smells or litter box smells send me running to the bathroom. I know that these are things that just smell in general already, but they are about thirty times stronger in scent to me and I just can't handle it without gagging or throwing up. I really hope that this isn't something that sticks around throughout the entire pregnancy. 
Everything else has sort of been the same...still fatigued half way through the day with some days leaving me too tired to even get off of the couch. Still experiencing nausea every now and then and my emotions are still all over the place. 
Nothing too out of the ordinary. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment