Monday, May 14, 2012

Fifteen Weeks

Well, today marks the beginning of my fifteenth week of being pregnant!


Baby is about the size of an apple and now weighs about two and a half ounces. Baby can now sense light despite his or her eyelids still being fused shut and has taste buds being formed. 
I have only felt baby bouncing around once more since I last thought I felt them; I felt their little flutters the other morning while I was lying in bed, listening to the O'Neill Brothers. I don't want to get overly excited about feeling my baby possibly moving around just yet because I am still a little unsure about what I have felt. Everyone I have talked to says that it was most likely the little nugget I felt. 
At the end of week fourteen I was feeling a little gross and I think that was mostly because of the new medication dosage. But aside from that all that has been bothering me is my aching hips and lower back; which is making sleep a bit more difficult. Brian and I have been looking into getting me a pregnancy body pillow because I just can't seem to get comfortable in bed. I have tried everything! I think that I may have found the pillow that I want on base that is reasonably priced (at least $10-$20 cheaper than at civilian stores) and have read some wonderful reviews on it. At this point, I am willing to try anything to give both of us a good night's sleep. I just feel so bad when he is home because he doesn't sleep well when I am up and down all night and tossing and turning. So it may just be beneficial for the both of us. 
On the other hand, Brian and I celebrated our first "Mother's Day"/"Mommy-To-Be Day" and I can't tell you enough how strange that felt. We went out to dinner with a few friends the evening before and I probably ate my weight in Olive Garden's Breadsticks and salad. It was absolutely delicious and I most definitely paid for it later. 
On Sunday, the day of, Brian surprised me with a cupcake and an adorable little balloon. He sure is sweet! We spent the day inside, relaxing for the most part; I actually ended up taking a three hour nap. 


I also received my first "Mommy-To-Be" cards and they most definitely put a smile on my face! A big thank you to my cousins, Naomi and Alicia and Brian's parents for the wonderful cards. I really enjoyed reading them as well! 


Today, after Brian got home from work he took me out and let me pick out a maternity outfit. I have never been so excited over finding a pair of shorts with a belly band in them! They are so incredibly comfortable and I just can't wait to wear them! I am amazed at the little things that make me so happy these days! Having Brian take me out and help me pick out clothes felt amazing. For the first time in a few weeks I didn't feel fat and gross; I actually felt beautiful. I am slowly getting used to this developing bump of mine and I am starting to see the beauty in the way my body is starting to look. After all, it is doing some pretty amazing things! 
Here is to another fabulous week of being pregnant!!



How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 pounds (since my last appointment; we don't own a scale).
Maternity clothes?  Definitely wearing my one pair of maternity pants more often! My regular clothes are starting to showcase my "bump" a little more each time I put something on. 
Stretch marks? They are still there, but I am working on them; amping up the use of my Burt's Bees Mama Bee Butter! 
Sleep: Sleep is beginning to become more of a losing battle these days. I toss and turn all night trying to find a position that doesn't make the aches and pains in my lower back and hips worse. Not to mention I am up every few hours going to the bathroom. 
Best moment of this week? Finally having the energy to get a lot of the house cleaned and celebrating "Mommy-To-Be" day. 
Miss anything? I really miss the ability to just move things around and pick them up without worrying about weight restrictions or causing more pain in my lower back. 
Movement: None that I can really feel. 
Food cravings? Peaches, Mangos, sour candy, and Beef Hot Dogs with Ketchup (I hate Ketchup on anything but my French Fries).
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing this week! 
Gender: To be determined.
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Heartburn/Indigestion, gas, and some irritability. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Pretty happy go lucky! I love being pregnant, minus the aches and pains of course! 
Looking forward to: Next doctor's appointment when we will get to learn the sex of the baby and spending as much time with Brian as I can before he goes back down to work. Also, the in-laws will be visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the fruit pictures. They are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete