Friday, May 18, 2012

Boppy Total Body Pillow Review

The last several weeks have been hard on my sleep schedule due to a constant ache in my hips and lower back. No matter what I tried, nothing seemed to give me any relief from my changing body. So I began to look into some solutions and found that a lot of pregnant women invested in body pillows to help ease the pain of pregnancy adjustments. At first I was a little skeptical because I mean, I have a body pillow and it had not been helping me at all! No matter what way I positioned it I just couldn't manage the amount of support that I desired.
I had almost given up until one day, when Brian and I were at the N.E.X (Navy Exchange) on base looking at their baby section, I found the Boppy pillows. I had always heard good things about them and have several friends whose children used or are currently using a Boppy. I was telling Brian all about them and how I would like to get one for our child when I looked down at the bottom shelf and saw the body pillows. I was kind of shocked that Boppy would make a pillow specially designed for mom, but then it all made sense; why make a pillow so amazing for baby and not think about mom?! We found that there are three types of Boppy pillows made for mom: the total body pillow, the wedge, and the kidney bean shaped or "cuddle" pillow. I saw the body pillow and immediately became interested! I thought that maybe I would find some relief after all! It took everything I had not to grab the pillow and make a run for it because in my mind all I kept hearing was "relief, relief, relief...a good night's sleep, sleep, sleep!!!!!". But Brian and I talked it over and decided that I should do a little bit of home work before we bought it to make sure that it was indeed the pillow I wanted.
So of course, I got online when we got home and I looked at the reviews. Of course some were good and some were bad, but everyone has their opinion. I turned to my baby site of choice (babycenter.com) and looked for some reviews. It turns out that almost every pregnant woman has turned to some sort of body pillow throughout their pregnancy; some just use your basic body pillow (much like the one I already had at home) while others turned to pillows specifically designed for pregnant bodies. After seeking the opinions of several moms who have already experienced pregnancy, I talked things over with Brian and we decided that perhaps the Boppy would be right for me. After all, I was starting to become very irritable  and not the nicest person to be around because my lower back hurt so much. Poor Brian! I think what won him over was one review that said that this particular pillow doesn't take up the entire bed and would allow dad a little more extra space in the bed. =P
Before running back to the N.E.X to make our purchase we had wanted to compare prices to other stores in town to see which would have the better deal. After all, this is an investment! Turns out, Lovetown, USA is so small that out of the four stores we looked, only one actually sold the same pillow! AND IT WAS $10 MORE!! By then I had finally decided that we were going back on base because not only was the pillow cheaper, but we don't have to pay any tax!
I have never been so excited to go to bed and test out this pillow!


Here it is in all of its glory! I know it looks pretty big but it really isn't any bigger than my old body pillow. Plus it is in the middle of the bed in the photo; which is where I end up when Brian gets up to go to work. 


So, how did it work, you ask? WONDERFULLY!!! 
The first night that I used it I slept soundly throughout the ENTIRE night! The only time I had gotten up was to use the restroom. I think that Brian and I both slept well that night! The only time he really woke up was when I needed to switch to my right side and had to gently pull part of the pillow out from underneath his head. I really do love this pillow and use it not only for bed but when I am laying on the couch watching t.v. as well. Brian has even used it folded up while playing video games! 
The shape of the pillow is perfect for my growing body and I simply love how I don't have to use five pillows now! I only use one for underneath the top part of the Boppy and the Boppy itself. 
This pillow is most definitely one of the best things to happen to me throughout this pregnancy so far. 

Product: Boppy Total Body Pillow
Purchased at: The N.E.X on base
Cost: $44.99 
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 because aside from it being almost perfect, I do wish I could change the pillow case to match our bedspread. 

Oh, a little side note! Grandma and Grandpa Felda sent munchkin a little surprise in the mail!


Aren't these just adorable!! We find out the sex of the baby on June 7th so they had sent some gender neutral items. The monkeys are so adorable! I have been asked if this is what the theme of the nursery will be and the answer is, "No." We haven't decided on the theme yet and we probably won't until after we find out what we are having. Brian and I have decided on a few paint possibilities, but we haven't decided if we are actually painting. We will only be painting if his time here in Kings Bay is extended; which knowing the Marine Corps. we can never be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment