Monday, May 21, 2012

Sixteen Weeks

Hello week sixteen!


Here we are, at Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island at 15 weeks and 6 days. 
Right now our baby is about the size of an avocado and their heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day! Whoa! 
As you can tell, my bump hasn't really gotten any bigger (thank goodness!) and I am somewhat happy with this because I need my pre-pregnancy clothes to fit for at least another month until we can go shopping. 
Brian's parents came to visit and they brought munchkin some more clothes and me some of the things I have been craving from back home. It is during times that I am craving things that I can't find down here that I miss home the most; I miss being able to just drive to the grocery store and grab exactly what I want without having to search around; down here I never know if the stores will carry what I am wanting.
Anyways, I can officially say that I have felt our baby move!! 
While sitting with Magan at her doctor's appointment and watching her baby on the screen and listening to their heartbeat, I felt a strange sensation in my belly! I couldn't believe it but it literally felt like my baby was tap, tap, tapping on my tummy! I also had the fluttery sensation and it was very similar to what I felt a few weeks ago when I wasn't sure if I had felt the baby. I guess what I did feel then was my little one! The feelings were much, much stronger today and I kid you not it was as if my child was responding to having heard Magan's baby's heartbeat; almost like baby was wanting to say "Hello!!". It was a phenomenal feeling and I have been waiting to see if I can feel him or her moving again. <3 
I never thought that I would be lucky enough to have the opportunity to feel my child moving before the doctor said I would and at first I was sure I was just going crazy, but after reading that other women have had the same experiences at this time in pregnancy, I was beginning to feel more and more normal. 
After I got home from the doctor's office with Magan, I quickly texted my friend Hope (aka my pregnancy guru) and told her all about my experience. She is that one person that I run to for advice and I really wish that she could be down here during these next six months versus being 1,800 miles away! All I can say is thank goodness for modern technology! haha! But she reassured me that what I did feel was indeed my baby and that it was not abnormal to feel them this soon and that she herself had had the same experience with her son. 
All in all it was a wonderful thing to experience and I really wish that Brian could have been there with me when I did feel it; it is hard sometimes knowing that he will miss out on little things such as this. Being a MCSFBN wife is not easy when you are pregnant, that is for sure! But soon everything he has done will be worth it in the end and I know that by making it through his entire enlistment and remaining a strong and loving couple will be a wonderful feeling. <3 



How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 pounds (since my last appointment; we don't own a scale).
Maternity clothes?  Wearing some maternity clothes and a few things from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. 
Stretch marks? Yes, but they don't appear to be as dark. 
Sleep: It varies from night to night now a days. I tend to sleep a little better when Brian is home at night. 
Best moment of this week? Spending some time with Brian's parents and feeling my little one move! Also being able to see/hear Magan's little baby! 
Miss anything? Really missing home and family.
Movement: Yes!!
Food cravings? Peaches and Cheese Popcorn.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! 
Gender: To be determined. (Two weeks away!!)
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Emotional, migraines, and some lower back aches.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but just barely! I can get them on with no problem, it is getting them off that is getting to be a little difficult. 
Happy or moody most of the time? I'm going to say moody, but not a bad moody. I am happy and content but not strictly happy because I do find myself getting emotional over silly things. 
Looking forward to: Next doctor's appointment when we will get to learn the sex of the baby and Brian's next day off of work. 






No comments:

Post a Comment