Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Seventeen Weeks



Well, week sixteen definitely flew by and now we are trucking right on through week seventeen. I can't believe that we are almost to the half way mark of pregnancy! I can't believe that in approximately six months we will go from a couple to a family! It is so surreal; I have never been so excited and completely terrified at the same time. 
This week has been a little ruff for a few reasons; one being that I have contracted a cold and I am almost positive the person to have given it to me was my own husband. So I have been in bed for the last few days trying to get myself feeling better. I didn't want to take this photo but I convinced myself to do so and I apologize for looking awful. The second reason is simply Brian being gone when I would have loved to have had someone nurse me back to health; he is so good at taking care of me! The last reason is simply the weather; we had Tropical Storm Beryl come through over the weekend and it has been raining since it left. I think today is the first day in several days that the sun has been out, but everything is all wet and mushy/muddy. 
Anyways, let's move on to that "bump" of mine. Let me tell you how I feel about it...I feel disgustingly large and hate that. Baby is only the size of an onion and I feel I shouldn't look so pregnant; it is making me extremely self conscious and I am constantly asking if I look pregnant because I am afraid that I just look fat. I sent a photo to my family and my dad asked me how many I was carrying and my mom is already guessing that this baby will weigh over nine pounds. I don't understand why I look so large already because I don't eat any differently than I should. Hmm, I guess every woman's body adjusts differently to being pregnant. It still doesn't change the fact that I feel like I am as big as a house. 
Brian and I have decided on a theme for the baby's nursery and we have also somewhat started a list of baby names. This is such a milestone for us! We are not announcing anything until we have determined the sex of our baby, but I am willing to give a few hints. ;) We have both decided that we are not announcing our baby's name until their arrival; which I am very excited about. It will definitely be difficult but I want the challenge of not telling. 
We find out what baby is in about SEVEN DAYS! I have never been so anxious for a doctor's appointment and I can't wait to find out the sex and to see my baby again! 


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 pounds (since my last appointment; we don't own a scale).
Maternity clothes?  Wearing some maternity clothes and a few things from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. 
Stretch marks? Yes, but they don't appear to be as dark. 
Sleep: Have not slept very well the last few nights due to this cold. 
Best moment of this week? Magan bringing me two bags of Skittles because she is an amazing lady! We totally spent a day gossiping/talking pregnancy and stuffing our faces with sour Skittles. 
Miss anything? My husband who is down at work on base. 
Movement: Every now and then I feel the occasional flutter. 
Food cravings? Skittles. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! 
Gender: To be determined; but we are thinking boy!
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Have a cold right now and starting to get itchy skin around my tummy and breasts. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On when I put them on, but I hardly wear them when I am at home just because they are starting to become difficult to take off. 
Happy or moody most of the time? Been kind of irritated and on edge with some stupid things setting me off, so I will say moody but content at most times. 
Looking forward to: Next doctor's appointment when we will get to learn the sex of the baby and Brian's next day off of work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment