Friday, June 1, 2012

Boy or Girl?


 I am sure most mommies-to-be have heard all of the various "Old Wives Tales" that have been thought to predict baby's gender, but do we really believe in them? I can't say that I do, but it is something fun to think about until the day comes to find out baby's gender. I mean, a lot of them are pretty crazy! 
I have been thinking a lot about these gender predicting tales and can't help but wonder how accurate they will be in predicting the sex of my baby. I mean if I end up with a girl because baby's heart beat was above 140 bpm every time then I will be more of a believer. ;)
I had to reschedule my doctor's appointment due to Brian's pending work schedule and was thankfully able to have it moved up to this Monday (June 4th); my excitement just sky rocketed because that is less than TWO DAYS AWAY!!! We both didn't want to run the risk of him missing such an important milestone due to him having to be the ammo truck driver for the three day range. 
After confirming the appointment I immediately made the post on Facebook and of course everyone is just as excited as we are to be finding out. But as the day progressed I couldn't help but think about the person who is most important to me (aside from Brian, of course) during this pregnancy; my mother. There was no way I could just reveal the baby's sex on Facebook because she wouldn't get to see it and calling her just wouldn't feel right. So after a long discussion, Brian and I have decided to wait to reveal our baby's gender until we are able to tell our family in person. After all I want to see everyone's face and see their reactions when we tell them because it will be that much more meaningful. I want our parents to feel like they had the opportunity to be a part of this pregnancy in person and not just from a distance. 
"But Chelsey, when are you coming home?", you ask? 
Well, Brian is in the process of putting in a request for leave at the end of August; we plan on being home the 23rd of August through the 2nd or 3rd of September. So as long as everything is approved, we are coming home. 
That is when we will make the announcement. 
Yes, I know, you were all looking forward to finding out pink or blue, but you have waited this long to find out, so what is another two months? It is going to kill me not being able to tell anyone when all I am going to want to do is scream it from the roof tops, but in the end I think it will be well worth the wait. 
So in the mean time, I have been asking everyone what they are predicting that I will have and I am keeping track of it on a piece of paper. I thought it would be fun to see how many people guessed correctly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment