Sunday, June 24, 2012

Twenty Weeks


Week twenty has almost come to an end! I can't believe that we have reached the half way point!! In less than twenty weeks my darling baby girl will be here! I can't wait to have her here with us!
With each passing week my love for her grows; I never thought that I could love another person as much as I love my husband. The two of them are going to be my whole world!

As many of you may have heard, I was put on "pelvic" restriction at the beginning of this week. The reason behind my doctor doing so is because I have a low-lying placenta (a form of placenta previa); which means it is too close to my cervix. I was told that this is common and that I have nothing to worry about; I just have to be on restriction for a month so as not to provoke any vaginal bleeding that could possibly occur with my placenta being where it is. I will be having an ultrasound done at the end of July to determine if my body corrected this issue on its own or if my placenta decided to be stubborn and stay where it is. If it has not moved, I could possibly be put on bed rest (this is also depending on where exactly my placenta is). I know many have asked what being on pelvic restriction truly means and what I was told was that I am not allowed to have sex or to put anything into the vagina and to just "take it easy". I did a little reading of my own and I concluded that taking it easy meant no strenuous cleaning or exercise and no heavy lifting or doing anything that could provoke vaginal bleeding (bike rides, etc). 
So, I am waiting anxiously for my next ultrasound to have an official diagnosis. 

Brian and I are already spoiling our baby girl to pieces! We were lucky enough to score an entire weekend with him home, so we took advantage of that time and went out and got her a few things...okay, more than a few things. I have noticed that I enjoy shopping for her more than I enjoyed shopping for myself! I don't even think about getting things for myself anymore, it is always about her. 
 We were lucky to score some adorable things on clearance at Target and Kohls! Some of my absolute favorites were:

Isn't the butt just the cutest!! 
Her first pair of shoes!

The end of this week has been pretty insane! 
We are in the process of trading in our beloved GMC Sierra for a more family oriented car and that has proven to be more work than I anticipated. On the bright side we have found the car that we love and are hopefully closing on it this coming week. It will be a very nice addition to our "family"! 

We also have been planning our trip home in August! We had to adjust our dates to the beginning of the month because somehow I had managed to miscalculate how many weeks along I would be at the end of the month; I must have been having a bad case of P.B (pregnancy brain!). So we decided on the dates of August 11th through the 25th. Now for all of you in Illinois, this means that we will be arriving in the Parks sometime on the 12th and heading out around the 23rd or 24th. I want to say that it is all official, but nothing is ever official until we reach that last step in getting Brian's leave approved; he is turning in his paperwork to his Team Leader who will pass it on to their higher ups. If we have everything planned correctly and everyone does their job in passing things along, his leave should be approved by the end of July. *fingers crossed* 

Now on to the questions in regards to a baby shower! 
Yes, I am planning on having one! I am in the pre-planning process with my mother-in-law and we are working as best we can while being 1,800 miles apart on it. I promise I will keep everyone posted as best I can! 

Brian and I have decided on our little one's name and have also decided not to announce her name until the day she arrives. Now, I will be honest, we have told our closest friends (five total) so as to get an opinion and all have approved! This may make family feel a little heated, but relax! We did it for your benefit! This way you all will have the opportunity to experience and share a surprise with us! 
But in the mean time, I will give you her initials so as to keep you on the edge of your seat. 
Her initials are going to be A.M.F. 
Any guesses?! I mean the last one is obviously a given. =P 

Well, there you have it! My twentieth week in a nutshell! 

How far along? 20 weeks and five days.
Total weight gain: 5+ pounds (as of the beginning of June); I will be finding out at my next appointment how much I have gained total. 
Maternity clothes?  Wearing maternity pants and shirts, but still occasionally rocking out some pre-pregnancy t-shirts. 
Stretch marks? Yes. 
Sleep: Sleep has gotten a little better, but occasionally I have a ruff night. 
Best moment of this week? Finishing one of our registries and shopping for our baby.
Miss anything? Margaritas! 
Movement: Her movements are starting to get a little crazy! Sometimes it feels like she is a little jumping bean. 
Food cravings? Pizza, chocolate, and milk. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing as of right now!
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Get winded easier, itchy belly, achey legs. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? I can still wear my wedding set, but I only put them on when I go out of the house because they are difficult to take off. 
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy go lucky preggo! 
Looking forward to: Getting our new car and going home in August! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute clothes! Especially the shoes :) I am glad things are going mostly well with the pregnancy. You will definitly have to print your blog post later because they would be neat thing to have in your baby book :)

    ReplyDelete