Saturday, June 30, 2012

Twenty-One Weeks


Week twenty-one has just about come to an end and boy what a week it has been! 
A lot has happened this week in regards to pregnancy "milestones"! As you can tell by my photo, it is about time to retire all of my pre-pregnancy t-shirts; they are a little on the short side now due to my expanding belly. My belly isn't the only thing that is expanding either; thanks to Georgia's heat and humidity, my fingers have become swollen to the point where I can no longer where my wedding rings.  I was completely devastated when I came to the conclusion that my rings just weren't going to be forced onto my fingers without cutting off circulation. Brian came home from work one day to find my in bed, bawling over not being able to wear my rings and him being the sweetheart that he is, pulled me into his arms and told me that these things happen and that we will find a chain that I can put my rings on to wear around my neck; closer to my heart. <3 
I have noticed my baby's flutters have turned into kicks! She is starting to move around more and more and on occasion I feel her kick me in the most uncomfortable spots; the other day one of her kicks actually made me cry out because it was rather a shock. I absolutely love feeling her move around and am actually starting to learn her schedule; she moves around a lot after I have eaten and when I lay or sit down to relax. She also responds to music and when I sing to her; I play some of my favorite music and sing along and sure enough she will start bouncing around. She really seems to enjoy when I sing Norah Jones. <3 
Brian is also starting to bond with our little one as well and it melts my heart when he leaves for work in the morning and kisses me goodbye and then rubs my belly or when he tells me he loves me and then looks down at my stomach and says, "I love you too!". It truly is an amazing feeling! I can't wait for him to be able to feel her move (for sure, since he wasn't sure about the last time)!
Earlier this week I thought I was experiencing Braxton Hicks; I know it is possible to feel them as early as 20 weeks so of course you can imagine how weirded out I was by the sensation of my abdomen tightening up at random times of the day at 21 weeks. I don't want to say it was B.H. because I won't know for sure until I talk to my doctor, but I most definitely had the symptoms! These "contractions" were painless and didn't occur at regular intervals, but definitely felt a little uncomfortable. Don't worry, I had no other signs of preterm labor and I didn't have more than four in an hour; I only had about two the entire day and haven't felt them since. I go to the doctor in a day so I will tell her what I experienced and she can determine what was going on. 
In the mean time, I can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by! Only about 128 more days to go! 

How far along? 21 weeks and 5 days.
Total weight gain: 5+ pounds (as of the beginning of June); I will be finding out exact weight gain on Monday, July 2nd. 
Maternity clothes?  Yes. 
Stretch marks? Yes. 
Sleep: Some nights are better than others. 
Best moment of this week? Getting our new car and feeling baby kick!
Miss anything? Snow and cold weather. 
Movement: A lot of movement and some kicks!
Food cravings? Milk and ice-cream. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Intense heartburn, sciatic nerve pain. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. :'(
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy go lucky preggo! 
Looking forward to: Hopefully being able to see fireworks with Brian and going home in August! 




No comments:

Post a Comment