Friday, July 6, 2012

Twenty-Two Weeks.



We are just trucking right on through this second trimester! 
Week twenty-two is just about over and whoa! I can't believe it!! Please excuse my appearance in this week's photo, I haven't been up for doing anything with my hair and face, especially since the pregnancy acne has kicked in full speed. Ew. I mean just look at how red and blotchy my face is!
I am definitely not surprised that I wasn't one of those women to catch the "glow" because that is just my luck! My body is just going haywire with this whole pregnancy thing! Basically, my hair is thick and frizzy and my face is breaking out no matter what I try to do to prevent it from doing so; it is like middle school all over again! Too bad those awesome curls haven't made a come back! I would LOVE to have the curly hair that I had in high school (well, more towards the end of high school at least) because it was quite lovely and I definitely took it for granted!
Anyways, I had my monthly check up at the beginning of this week and all was well. I had my belly measured for the first time and found out that the tingly/numbing sensation is my hands is due to Carpal Tunnel. Yeah, thank you pregnancy! I swear everything that the books say may happen, happens! I suppose that is alright though considering how much it is going to be worth it. Unfortunately all I can do to keep the Carpal Tunnel symptoms at ease is to ice my wrists a few times a day and to wear a brace (mostly at night, when I am asleep). I am told it will go away after delivery...one can only hope! It is making doing things around the house that much more difficult! I was also given a prescription to help with my insane heartburn and I have to say, I have never felt so much relief before than the time I took that first pill! Brian and I also heard the baby's heartbeat; which was at 145. We also heard a few of her kicks through the heart doppler! Apparently she didn't care too much for having us listen in on her, the little booger! The rest of the appointment was spent just talking about what I wanted to do as far as delivery and if I wanted and epidural; I wasn't sure what I wanted, considering Brian and I haven't discussed or looked into it at all. It really got me thinking about it; time to add it to my pile of homework! I have several things I want to look into before our little one arrives! 
I really wish that I knew how much weight I have gained, but at the same time I wish I didn't know! I forgot to ask at this last appointment, so when we go in for my ultrasound on the 26th, I will ask then. Or I just may have Brian ask and have him keep track of it so I don't have to! Tracking my weight will make me feel pretty terrible about myself and I want to avoid that at all costs.
The rest of this week has been pretty good to me; aside from the Georgia heat making me swell up, I have felt pretty good! I have been sleeping a little better and am starting to learn what baby's schedule is. So far I have figured that she moves around the most after I eat a meal and when I lay down to go to sleep. I occasionally feel her moving around in the morning as well. Her kicks are getting stronger and still sometimes catch me off guard. Brian has yet to officially feel her move; which kind of has me a little bummed out. Every time I grab his hand and place it on my belly she stops moving! I swear it is as if she knows I am trying to catch her in the act of moving. I guess it will happen when we least expect it. :) I can't wait! 
We also figured out my wedding ring situation! There is no denying it...I can no longer wear my wedding rings. I put them on my finger the other day and they were STUCK. Brian had to wiggle and pry them off of my fingers. It was pretty funny, actually! But as you may recall, we were in the process of looking for a chain to put my rings on so I could wear them "closer to my heart", but as we were speaking to our jeweler, she made a very valid point to us. It would be terrible if the chain were to break under any circumstance and then I lost my wedding set...my rather expensive, intricate, and BEAUTIFUL wedding set! So she suggested that we look into some cheap wedding bands and that is exactly what we did. So, sometime next week I should have a ring on my finger! I can't wait to be recognized as married again because I am not going to lie, I felt really awkward walking hand in hand with Brian (who had his wedding band on) while I had nothing on my finger. I felt like everyone was judging me! 
Another exciting highlight of my week was having the opportunity to Skype with one of the most awesome ladies I know! I don't know why we didn't start doing this sooner, Aubs! Ooh yeah, because life swept us up there for a second! =P It was so nice being able to catch up with her; a good three hours worth of catch up was really what I needed! I am hoping we are able to keep up with a weekly call so as to feel more connected with each other; especially during pregnancy! 
Oh! I also forgot to mention the fact that I was given the go ahead to travel home next month! I am so excited to come home and hopefully see everyone! I mostly can't wait for my mom to touch my pregnant belly, as strange as that may sound.
Before I end this (I know, y'all are probably sick of hearing me babble on and on) I just have to share this photo: 

Mmhmm, that is right! I am totally rocking out my senior year homecoming t-shirt! I am very excited that I can still wear it, considering it is one of the only shirts I can still wear from my high school days! I have one other one and THAT IS IT. I will be very sad when the day comes that I can no longer wear them, but that just means that they will be added to the pile of t-shirts to turn into a t-shirt quilt. :) 
Well I suppose I am off to get lost in the world of Pinterest for a few hours while Brian sits here and plays Skyrim. <3 These moments are a few of my favorites. 


How far along? 22 weeks and 5 days.
Total weight gain: 5+ pounds (as of the beginning of June); I forgot to ask at my doctor's appointment! 
Maternity clothes?  Yes. 
Stretch marks? Yes. 
Sleep: I seem to be sleeping better when Brian is home (probably because I have someone to prop myself against). 
Best moment of this week? My Skype date with Aubrey! 
Miss anything? Still missing cooler weather, family, friends, and Culver's frozen custard. 
Movement: Most definitely!
Food cravings? Steak/beef, B.L.T. pasta salad, and milk.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms and leaky bosoms. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. :')
Mood? Been pretty tired lately, but pretty content for the most part. 
Looking forward to: Going home in August! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED our Skype date and we will keep it up weekly I promise!

    ReplyDelete